According to Dion Osagie from Edo state(sometimes resides in USA),the man pictured above was poured acid by his neighbour he has problem with.His church members allegedly abandoned him.Also,a politician who promised to help him after winning election in Edo state abandoned him after winning.He has been living with excruciating pain and needs help from the people.
According to David who shared the photos,the guy pictured below was caught stealing and given the treatment of his life in Liberia.He wrote…
‘Happening now along d SKD Boulevard where this guy was caught stealing from someone..instead of them calling the police, they decided to take d law into their own hands and we are saying Liberia is getting better.HOW?’
According to reports,7 Fulani gunmen in possession of arms at Azagba Ogwashi were arrested on Wednesday 22nd February at about 5:00am by Men of the Anioma Security Watch Network Vigilante group Azagba Ogwashi unit.
The vigilante members stopped a trailer conveying the Fulani gunmen,load of cows & their luggage at Azagba Junction.The suspected Fulani gunmen were interrogated and the following weapons were found in their possession:
1. Seven Den Guns
2. Gun powder
3. Some catrages
5. Swords and cutlasses
6. Daggers and one battle axe
According to the Chairman of the Vigilante,the Fulani gunmen said they came all the way from Taraba State to Isselegu in Ndokwa East Local Government, Delta State.
Thee Divisional Police Officer, Ogwashi-uku, Mr Shuaibu was alerted.He sent his men to the scene of the incident. He equally called the Chief security officer, the Executive Chairman of Aniocha South LG, Hon (Chief) Isaac Ozo Anwuzia who applauded them and appreciated their effort and he also assured them of his usual support.
Matthew, Chapter 16 Vs 1-12
The Demand for a Sign.
1* a The Pharisees and Sadducees came and, to test him, asked him to show them a sign from heaven.2* He said to them in reply, “[In the evening you say, ‘Tomorrow will be fair, for the sky is red’;3b and, in the morning, ‘Today will be stormy, for the sky is red and threatening.’ You know how to judge the appearance of the sky, but you cannot judge the signs of the times.]4c An evil and unfaithful generation seeks a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Jonah.”* Then he left them and went away.
The Leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.5d In coming to the other side of the sea,* the disciples had forgotten to bring bread.6e Jesus said to them, “Look out, and beware of the leaven* of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”7* They concluded among themselves, saying, “It is because we have brought no bread.”8When Jesus became aware of this he said, “You of little faith, why do you conclude among yourselves that it is because you have no bread?9f Do you not yet understand, and do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many wicker baskets you took up?10g Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you took up?11How do you not comprehend that I was not speaking to you about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”12Then they understood* that he was not telling them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
Preacher – 2baba Ideology
Curvy Ghanaian actress Moesha Babiinoti Boduong has gushed about meeting veteran actor Pete Edochie.According to her,she has been watching him since she was a kid.She wrote…..
‘I have watched him since I was a kid and now I get to work with him chief Pete edochie‘
Here are more photos of a phone calls between Gov Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and President Muhammadu Buhari immediately after a prayer session organized by the Kano State Government today at Kano State Government House for the recovery of President Buhari.
Watch the video on the link above
His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari spoke with the Executive Governor of Kano State His Excellency Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje OFR on a phone call during a special prayer session for the President organized at the Government House Kano.
President Muhammadu Buhari thanked Dr Ganduje and the people of Kano state for the prayers and said that he has fully recovered. The unexpected ans unacheduled phone conversation happened live while the Governor was delivering his address at the event.
The event was well attended by eminent scholars from all sects within the state and other top government officials currently serving and former.
Salihu Tanko Yakasai
DG Media & Communications
Government House Kano.
February 22nd, 2017.
According to Allen,Okrika youths were yesterday attacked by youths from Eleme in Rivers state.He wrote…
‘It’s so saddened that despite the peaceful understanding by both communities in recent years some scrupulous element from Eleme will carry out such an act that is tantamount to breach of peace.
Innocent Okrika youths were ambushed and brutally attacked while on their daily routine of survival in the bush.
In a quick response to the attack,seven of the assailants where apprehend and were handed over to the Okrika divisional Police Headquarters without any touch or injury on them by brave Okrika youths.
We appeal to the Government,Chiefs and Elders of our loving Eleme neighbours to caution their youths from any further act that could breach the peace we both enjoy for the past 17 years as brothers and friends.
The Okrika man is a man of peace
A man of great love and friendship
For his neighbours and even his foes.
We do not need any communal war again with our neighbours that will make them desert their communities like ghost town. For we are all brothers and sisters.
By this notice we advice all Sons and Daughters of Wakirike-Bese to be security concious if applying Eleme Okrika Rd,Ogu Bolo and Wakama or rather should follow through the waterways.
#PEACE BETWEEN ELEME AND OKRIKA’
According to Adamu,a human rights advocator,10 people killed in Ashim have been laid to rest in a mass burial.He wrote…..
Mass Burial of 10 people killed in Ashim by Fulani Herdsmen.
NOTE: This is not Borno nor Rwanda but #SouthernKaduna’.
Watch the video of the burial on the link above
By Eze Chukwuemeka Eze
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, Rivers State CAN’s Apostle of Peace and 2016 Sun Newspapers Governor of the Year Award Winner, had on 11th February, 2017 granted an interview to Editors of The Sun Newspapers, titled, ‘How I Parted Ways With Amaechi – Governor Wike…’; with the rider,‘There won’t be election in 2019’. Wike in his infamous and ignominious interview had stated: “So far I am concerned, Amaechi’s eight years as Governor of Rivers State was a wasted eight years.”
I will not be attending to the issue of if Wike – who supervised the killings in Rivers State before and after he assumed office as the Governor of Rivers State – merits Sun’s award or not. Neither am I ready to expiate if such a character who turned Rivers State to ‘Rivers of blood’ merits the title offered to him by some elements in the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rivers State branch, as an Apostle of Peace. But in few weeks time, I will attempt to explain to the public the lies contained in the interview by The Sun Newspapers, against an innocent man like Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the former governor of Rivers State and incumbent Minister of Transportation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by x-raying some sectors of the administration of Amaechi and allow you the reader to judge.
Let me reiterate that Wike’s assessment of his mentor, boss and predecessor in office, Amaechi as that of a colossal failure is laughable, as he, Wike, was not only a part of the engine room of Amaechi’s administration but a key actor. Coming back to write off an administration whose impact on the lives of people of Rivers State had been described in some quarters as the golden age of Rivers State – only comparable to the administration of Alfred Diete-Spiff, first military administrator of old Rivers State – is not only an attempt to rewrite a history that is still alive to most of us, but a very callous, malicious, satanic, wicked, sad and unfortunate attempt by a mind that needs an immediate health attention.
Because of the much falsehoods, misrepresentation of facts, and turning facts upside down in order to achieve a devious and sinister agenda, it behoves on some of us that monitored not only the eight years administration of Amaechi, but who also worked very closely with Governor Wike, to straightening the facts and save the general public from the obvious falsehoods contained in this particular interview.
In carrying out this assiduous task, I am challenged by the words of Nobel Laureate and renowned author, Prof Wole Soyinka who, in his famous book, The Man Died, noted: “The man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny.” And to avoid falling into the trap of late Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia’s famous words: “Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” Others who have benefitted so much in Amaechi’s political sagacity and benevolence may decide to sit on the fence or keep quiet at this critical time, but I have no choice than to defend a misunderstood man by some misguided elements, no matter the cost. And in this my latest attempt to defend and protect the integrity of Amaechi – whose only sin is that he spearheaded the ouster of a clueless president who supervised the looting of our common patrimony with impunity and to such a ridicules level wherebillions of dollars are housed in the houses of most of his aides, while the entire nation suffers in abject poverty.
Wike’s unfortunate stand is aptly captured in Psalm 41:9: “Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.” And Psalm 55:12-14, which says: “For it is not an enemy who reproaches me, then I could bear it; nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me, then I could hide myself from him. But it is you, a man my equal, my companion and my familiar friend; we who had sweet fellowship together, and walked in the house of God in the throng.” The above biblical quotes cannot find a better person than what Chief Nyesom Wike, is currently doing to rubbish and ridicule the personality of ex-governor Rotimi Amaechi, his predecessor, political mentor and benefactor.
What is happening in Rivers State today could also be captured in the words of Lucien Bouchard: “I have never known a more vulgar expression of betrayal and deceit.“ According to Malcolm X, “To me the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.” In line with this fact of life among civilised people and happenings in Rivers State, an illustrious son of the state and one time Minister of Petroleum Resources, Prof Tam David-West, aptly described Amaechi’s “orchestrated travails” as unfortunate, in view of the fact that Amaechi has worked hard enough in restoring the glory of Port-Harcourt, also known as the Garden City of Nigeria.
For the avoidance of doubt, I served as a media aide to Wike, when he acted as the Director General of the Amaechi’s Campaign for his 2011 re-election. It was his position that I should head the Media Team of the campaign Team, instead of serving as a member of the Media Campaign Team. As our Director General, I did an article titled; Anya-Neli,in which I profiled and mentioned his type of politics. And I know that up till now nobody has done a better article on him than that article. I have to state this fact for the first time, just because of some of you that will be reading this article and thinking that I am either judgemental or biased. It is a common fact that most of Governor Wike’s current aides are not closer to him than me, That was why I laughed off those wooing me to Wike, so that I can assist him in his present task of ruining Rivers State, and work against a man who played key role in shaping our political lives, thinking that I have a price tag at my age.
Having stated this fact let me attend to the truism of this article, aimed at straightening the facts about the administration of ex-governor Amaechi. Though it will be foolhardy for anybody to do justice to the tenure of Amaechi as governor of Rivers State in a single piece but forth with, on a weekly basis, I will be presenting series of Amaechi’s administration stories, sector by sector, in order for the reader to understand the type of politics that Wike is now playing in Rivers State.
Before doing this, let me unequivocally state what Wike’s statement that Amaechi’s eight years as a Governor of Rivers State was a waste, entails:
1. It entails that Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, former president of Nigeria’s statement on Amaechi’s administration was false. During his visit to Rivers State, to commission some projects initiated by the administration of the Governor Amaechi, he said: “I came to see developments and I have seen developments, and I will confess developments. What I have seen is worth declaring. The area of health, education, agriculture, sports and road infrastructure is worth declaring. When I see development, I ear-mark, eye-mark and mouth-mark.” Yet, to Wike, Amaechi’s administration was a wasted years.
2. Wike’s stand also entails that the conferment on Hon Amaechi, with the prestigious “SERA’s award for his contributions towards the social development of Rivers State, in line with the objectives of the Millennium Development Goals (MDG), especially in the areas of health and education” was false. Conferring the award on Amaechi, president of the Social Enterprise Report and Awards (SERA) jury, Mr Peter Oguaoro, said the recognition was an indication that there are still good Nigerians who are contributing to social development in the country.
3. Wike’s stand entails that, The Archbishop, Province of Niger Delta and Bishop of Niger Delta North Diocese, Most Rev Ignatius Kattey, who described Amaechi as a leader with inspiring leadership qualities and benevolence in several areas of human endeavours was false. According to this great cleric, Amaechi has demonstrated vision and courage in the leadership of Rivers State, as well as recognised that government and the church are partners in building the moral, economic and social well-being of the citizenry. He commended Amaechi for his infrastructural development in the state, particularly the quest to restore Port Harcourt to its Garden City state and provision of lasting peace in the state, and thanked him for the support to the Anglican Church.
4. Wike’s perception entails that the former President of the Republic of Zambia, Dr. Kenneth Kaunda, who described the leadership of Amaechi as a focused one was false. Kaunda, who made the commendation when he paid a courtesy call on the governor at Government House, Port Harcourt, noted that with the focused leadership of former Amaechi, Rivers State would continue to be of service to humanity for many years to come.
5. It entails that the declaration of Port Harcourt as UNESCO World Book Capital 2014 under Amaechi was false and misplaced. It would be recalled that UNESCO, moved by the revolutionary feats of Amaechi in the education sector, crowned Port Harcourt the 2014 World Book Capital City in April 2014, beating 10 other great cities that include Oxford in England and Moscow in Russia. For this to be achieved, against all odds and challenges, simply demonstrates that Amaechi was a visionary and focused leader who has received accolades in this regard by world leaders, while to a little-minded fellow and a local champion like Wike, Amaechi’s eight years was a wasted years! Port Harcourt’s reign as World Book Capital 2014 began with the handover by Bangkok at an impressive ceremony at Hotel Presidential, Port Harcourt. Dignitaries at the event included Amaechi, former head of state, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar; Prof Wole Soyinka; UNESCO Director-General, Ms Irina Bokova; former World Bank Vice-President, Africa, Dr Obiageli Ezekwesili, wife of the former governor, Dame Judith Amaechi, among others. This feat of Port Harcourt in becoming the first African city south of the Sahara to be chosen as World Book Capital, based on public voting, beating 10 other great cities, is commendable.
6. It entails that Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, playing a historic role when it hosted the US-Nigeria Bilateral Commission on October 16 and 17, 2012, thereby becoming the first city outside the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, to do so. This event is a top bill in international rating and the strategic relevance of the Gulf of Guinea area makes the meeting in Port Harcourt even more important. The United States Deputy Secretary of State and two Assistant Secretaries led the US delegation. On the side of Nigeria, the US-Nigeria Bilateral Commission is viewed with seriousness, especially by the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), led by Amaechi. His administration has, in addition, promoted overall United Nations activities in the South-South geo-political zone, through the provision of an outstanding facility that can house over 15 UN agencies in Port Harcourt. As a result, there are five UN agencies in Rivers State at the moment; and more are expected to follow in due course. To Wike, who have turned Rivers State to ‘Rivers of blood’, Amaechi’s tenure was wasted years.
7. Wike’s words entail disapproval of the construction – by the Amaechi administration in the educational development of Rivers State – of new 20-classroom-blocks model primary school, to commemorate the status of Port Harcourt as the current World Book Capital. Known as World Capital City Model Primary School, the edifice is located in Port Harcourt metropolis, and was already furnished and operational with commencement of classes for the 2014/2015 school year. In addition to classrooms and teachers’ offices, the model school is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as demonstration science laboratory, library, ICT, sick-bays and reception class. The former commissioner of education stated that construction of the 20-classroom blocks was necessitated to address the issue of out-of-school children in the state. The state government embarked on this project to ensure that every child in the state has easy access to the free education policy of the Amaechi-led administration. The project is in line with the Education for All (EFA) and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) vision of providing access to all children of school age by the year 2015. Samples of the 20-classroom blocks are built in all the 23 local government areas of the state, which include demonstration science laboratories aimed at giving children the opportunity to visualise what they are being taught in class. The introduction of laboratories is in line with the new national curriculum, which allows children from four years and above to be exposed to science education early, so as to better understand science courses in the future. The demonstration class is where the teacher demonstrates for the pupils what they are learning. It makes teaching and learning easier for both the teacher and pupils.
8. Wike’s position also entails that the visit by former President Obasanjo, who embarked on a two-day visit to Rivers State, to commission some landmark projects executed by Amaechi during his six years’ historical and revolutionary administration in the state; described some of the structures of education in Rivers as mind-boggling. The former president was so elated and astonished by the type of world-class projects he was asked to commission, particularly the Ambassador Nne Kurubo Model Secondary School at Ebube, Eleme – one of the 24 model secondary schools scattered all over the 23 local government areas of the state – which tops most of the universities in Nigeria in areas of facilities, structures and landmass. The former president shouted while addressing the Rivers State people in the assembly edifice of the school, saying that the k-leg of then Governor Amaechi has been straightened. Recall that President Obasanjo denied Amaechi the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship ticket in 2007, after winning the primaries of the party, until the Supreme Court reinstated Amaechi ‘as the duly elected governor of Rivers State.’ Obasanjo went further to hail Amaechi for his administration’s developmental strides. He stated: “I came to see developments and I have seen developments and I will confess developments. What I have seen is worth declaring! The area of health, education, agriculture, sports and road infrastructure is worth declaring. When I see development, I ear-mark, eye-mark and mouth-mark.”
9. President Muhammadu Buhari in a statement during his visit to Rivers State on November 5, 2013, described Amaechi as a hero and a great leader: “PDP decided to target some governors that are progressives and we feel will make a difference. We seek your support through Amaechi. I lived in Port Harcourt during my military career. I was a Staff Officer to Gen (Theophilus) Danjuma in 1973. Rivers State has produced great men such as Prof Tam David West. 2015 will be another watershed in Nigeria. Amaechi is a great leader. We decided to come together to save Nigeria from mis-governance. We must come together and make Nigeria move forward. Amaechi has given Rivers people responsible leadership. The schools he has built will give Rivers children a better tomorrow, while women and children stand to benefit from the standard health centres he has built. He has also carried out physical rehabilitation of infrastructures in the state. People like Amaechi should join the All Progressives Congress (APC) to move Nigeria forward.” This was the major sin of Amaechi against Wike and his misguided supporters.
10. Wike’s stand cancels the commendation by the United Nations International Children’s Fund (UNICEF) of Amaechi, for the strides recorded by his administration in the health and education sectors. Country Representative of UNICEF, Ibrahima Fall, who described as tremendous the progress made in these sectors, noted: “This is the most exciting news for every mother, for every child and for every family in Rivers State.”
11. Wike’s stand entails that the former Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Olmert was wrong when he made the following statement: “The impression that I always get when I come to Africa is that these countries have enormous potential, and your country and your state (Rivers) have enormous potential and I think that you happen to have at this time in history also, a dynamic, energetic and capable leadership that can make the dreams of building up the state into a reality of life for the 5.1 million residents in Rivers State that want their lives to be of much higher and greater quality.”
12. In extolling this great revolutionist, the United States’ Consul-General in Lagos, Mr Jeffrey Hawkins, told journalists: “I must commend Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State for embarking on numerous people-oriented projects and showing enthusiasm on Niger Delta issues. We are very appreciative of all that Amaechi has done. We are quite clear that addressing the issues of the Niger Delta, the challenges require focusing on things like education development, agriculture, health, all sorts of issues. And the governor was kind enough to show us, on the ground, some of the projects the government of Rivers State is working on, so we are very deeply appreciative of his support.”
13. Wike’s interview entails that his new revelation in a recent ceremony contradicts himself about Amaechi’s; feats when he stated: “How can Amaechi build polytechnics and call them Model Secondary Schools? I will convert that of Saakpenwa to a polytechnic.”
14. Wike’s satanic stand entails that The Sun Newspaper’s Man of the Year Award in 2007 and the Compass Newspaper Award for Security in 2008; Governor of the year 2009, “Award for Leadership, Award for Excellence – 2009” chaired by former Head of State, Gen Abdulsalami Abubakar (retd), in Abuja were all flukes.
15. It entails that the remarks by former President Jonathan while on inspection tour of the Port Harcourt – Owerri Road, constructed by the administration of Amaechi that, “the several road networks embarked upon by the Rivers State Government and the monorail transport system planned by the government has significantly shown that the state is moving ahead. Besides the road network, I want to commend Governor Amaechi on the three major projects, the quality of primary and secondary schools that we saw, as well as the power project that would aid small business enterprises.”
16. It entails as false, the remarks by the former Governor Shekarau of Kano State: “I feel highly fulfilled by coming here today to hear and see the dividends of democracy, as I urge Governor Amaechi to build more of such schools which he described as vehicle for change. But for time, I would have borrowed a leaf from Amaechi by replicating the quality of schools I have seen here in his State.”
17. It entails as untrue, the statement credited to the former Governor of the old Rivers State, from 1967 and currently, the Amayanabo of Toun Brass, Bayelsa State: “Yes, I am attributed to be the father of the old Rivers State but, without sounding immodest, let me reiterate that Governor Amaechi can be described as the builder of the modern Rivers State, if all the infrastructure he has put in are anything to go by. I am so proud of his feats and if he continues like this, Rivers State will be a pride to all Nigerians.”
18. That the invitation to Amaechi – as one of the three high profile speakers at the Commonwealth Observance Day held at the Westminster Abbey, London, because of what was described as his “incredible achievements at the national level, personal commitment to policies that encourage enterprise and create opportunity and not least his personal engagement” – was a fluke.
Wike’s major feats
1. The 13,000 teachers employed by the administration of Amaechi were not only denied their salaries for months but were later sacked by Wike. The Rivers State indigenes offered foreign scholarship by Amaechi’s administration to study various courses to boost the future of Rivers State were not only recalled but Wike threatened to deal with them.
2. He turned most of the schools built by Amaechi into hideouts for criminals, and reverted pupils and students to schools already discarded.
3. Amaechi’s free scholarship scheme to the people of Rivers State from primary to university level was maliciously uprooted and stopped by the Wike’s administration.
Amaechi’s ‘Rivers of peace’ vs Wike’s ‘Rivers of blood’ where human life no longer count
1. The result of the peaceful state of Rivers State under the watch of Governor Amaechi resulted not only in attracting foreign investments that Port Harcourt became the haven of both international and national championships. Apart from hosting one of the best-organised National Sports Festivals ever in Nigeria, the School Sports and the Police Games by March 2013. Port Harcourt, apart from Abuja and probably Lagos was the only state to have hosted US-Nigeria biennial National Conference, Pan African Parliamentary, Garden City Literary Festival, hosted CARNRIV involving several foreign countries to showcase the rich culture, potentials and beauty of her people; the second Dr Claude Ake Memorial Lecture, Rivers State Investment Forum and Governor’s Interactive Session with Rivers State Youths.
2. Apart from the above, other major events hosted by Rivers State under Amaechi’s watch include the ION Film Festival where the world’s best film producers were feted with the hospitality of Rivers State; Miss ECOWAS Pageant, Garden City Literary Festival, Guild of Editors, Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP); a trade delegation from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on an enlightenment mission for private companies within the South-south zone, on how to access business opportunities available within the ECOWAS sub region, among many other major events hosted by the Rivers State Government.
3. While under Wike’s watch, International organizations, corporations and Intuitions in Rivers State are relocating to Lagos because of insecurity in the State.
Finally, I laughed when Wike and his funny companions presented the following issues – in which he worked assiduously against during the sad regime of Dr Goodluck Jonathan – before the Federal Government, during the visit of the Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof Osinbajo:
1. Soku Oil Wells must be restored back to Rivers State
2. East-West Road needs to be attended to
3. Development of the Niger Delta
4. Clean-up of the Ogoni oil spill
5. Legalisation of bunkering and refining
6. Synergy between Rivers PDP and APC national
7. Peace and unity in Rivers State.
Thanks to the Acting President, Prof Osibanjo who assured that these issues that Wike collaborated with former President Jonathan to deny the Niger Delta region will be tackled by the President Buhari’s administration
I hope that I have succeeded to expose the lies in Wike’s wicked interview and can comfortably state that Amaechi’s eight years was not wasted but can be described as the golden age of governance in Rivers State
As I stated earlier, I can’t in one piece state who Amaechi is or what he achieved for Rivers State during his eight years rule, but will kick-start the series of Amaechi’s feats in the area of education by next week, pick up the health sector, agriculture, security and other sectors in that order. I will also assist the public by throwing light on the ‘Rivers of blood and Apostle of Peace’, as well as Wike and his betrayal mission against Amaechi.
Let me conclude this treatise by quoting Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo: “Ameachi is also a man of big ideas and very insightful; he understands how to live long in the hearts of men. His education policies in Rivers State, and all of those children he gave real hope and opportunity ensures that he will always be remembered long after he left this earth.”
Eze Chukwuemeka Eze is a Media Consultant based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and can be reached through,firstname.lastname@example.org
As shared by Ifere Paul……
‘The Spate of Killing In Calabar Is Worrisome.
One found dead this morning close to Ekpo Okon’s house at Ibom Layout.
Please the Police should identify the corpse and remove same from the Street while investigation on the cause of death and other inquiries are being carried out.
It is important that the Police work more proactive to ensure the safety to lives and property in Calabar.
Allowing dead bodies close to a politician’s house like that of Ekpo Okon will send the wrong signals to the public.
Most important is the fact that the number one citizen of the State, Governor Ben Ayade, should be strict and tighten security measures in the State. Building the safety of lives and properties in the State on whistleblowers is the most deadly decision to be taken by our governor.
In one of my article titled “Towards A Lasting Peace: A Comprehensive Plan To Make Calabar Peaceful, Tourism & Investors Destination”, I made a recommendation to the State for the need to build a network of informers. Those informers will inform security agencies in the State and government crime hotspots and persons committing these crime.
Even though the government came up with “Homeland Security”, nothing has been done since the announcement and celebration of this.
It is important that the governor act as a governor. One with good intention for the people he governs. I mean, the spate of killing in the last one month alone is so high that business owner are shutting down their businesses earlier everyday. Some are relocating to safer climes like Akwa Ibom and Ebonyi.
Our governor must be seen doing the lots of talks he’s been talking.
Citizens on their part must “shine their eyes” and “sharpen their ears” at night’
According to popular Port Harcourt Pastor and General Overseer of Salvation Ministries David Ibiyeomie,a woman who has been on wheelchair for 3weeks because of severe injury on her legs was healed at his crusade in Bayelsa.During the crusade,she dropped her wheelchair and started walking.
She was called up by Pastor David Ibiyeomie alongside her daughter.They could not help but danced to the admiration of the massive crowd at the crusade.
HOW WE ARE BATTLING RECESSION IN ILE-IFE – OONI OGUNWUSI
The Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II has said that the ancient city of Ile-Ife has devised cultural tourism revolution as a veritable tool in battling recession reducing it’s effects to a minimal lever on his people and Nigerians.
He said this during the celebration of this year’s AJE festival(festival of wealth) in Ile-Ife on Monday attended by residents, guests and worshippers from different parts of the world who were seen praying for wealth and abundance.
Ooni said trade by barter remained one of the best trading systems in the world, regretting that Nigeria and other African countries began to have economic challenges when they relegated traditional trading methods.
To revive Nigeria and Africa economy, the Spiritual leader of Yoruba race advised that the nature should be upheld in addition to massive involvement in agriculture.
When asked if non-celebration of the festival contributed to the economic hardship in Nigeria, the Ooni said in affirmative that “It is because we are not paying obeisance to what we should paying it to. Before colonisation started, our forefathers did all these and they survived in abundance”.
He said, “We are paying obeisance to the creation of God. Aje is something that everybody craves for. If we do what we are supposed to be doing, we will be a leading country in the world as it used to be at some point and things will turn around”.
The well loved monarch added that “It is even turning around for us already in Ile-Ife. We don’t have anything that we do than worship the Almighty God and paying high obeisance to nature as mysteries created by God in which nobody can do without, that is why everything is booming for us despite the recession. We are focusing on agriculture and youths empowerment too. This is one thing other race and nation can emulate.”
The foremost African monarch concluded his speech with a brief history of AJE and Ejigbomekun MARKET explaining that “Aje(deity of wealth) is a mother and goddess created at the dawn of time sent to the earth alongside Olokun(goddess of oceans) just like God also sent the duo of Obatala as Olofin owuro kutukutu and Oranfe Onile ina(Osangangan).
While Aje and Olokun served and have since become the supernatural benefactors of earthly wealth for mankind, Obatala Olofin owuro kutukutu and Oranfe(Sango) Osangangan were and still remain the custodians of morning and afternoon respectively who combined efforts to build EJIGBOMEKUN market(EJI in Yoruba means TWO) with cowries used as means of exchange after trade by barter.
All race of the world spent cowries as the first currency in the world created by nature from beneath the sea. It was first spent and discovered at Ejigbomekun market in Ile-Ife under the administration of AJE”. Ooni Ogunwusi explained.
Iyaloja General of Nigeria, Chief Mrs Folashade Tinubu-Ojo who led hundreds of leaders of markets from across Nigeria to the event urged leaders in the country to use the opportunity of Aje festival to intensify efforts in ending recession in the country.
“Today is about our tradition, culture. Aje is a very important festival to boost our economy. I hope government will provide the enabling environment to keep this up. All countries have their tradition and ways of getting things resolved. Our leaders should work tirelessly to ensure that recession is not allowed to stay.” Iyaloja General said.
Popular Musician, Wasiu Ayinde (Kwam 1), saluted the determination of the Ooni Ogunwusi for ensuring that culture of the yoruba race does not perish.
“I am here to celebrate Aje which symbolises wealth. I congratulate Ooni for being the custodian of tradition. It furthers shows the richness of yoruba culture and this should continue,” he added.
Owa eredunmi of Ife, Oba Olaoluwa Omiwenu said by celebrating Aje always, the deity would make the economy flourish.
Obalara of Ile-Ife, Chief oluwagbemiga Adebayo, said the festival was used to appeal to God for the provision of wealth for Nigerians.
“When we discovered that everywhere is tight and poverty was much. We we talk to the Almighty Olodumare through Ifa Oracle and we were told to celebrate AJE . This has solution to economic recession. The shortage of fund won’t make traders sell well and every gets to suffer”. Obalara said.
Lowa Ate of Ife, High Chief Adebowale Olafare speaking on behalf of the Kingmakers described Ooni Ogunwusi as the messiah sent by God to free Yoruba from economic hardship through culture and tourism. He said the Ooni has undoubtedly within a year recorded colossal success in his revolution of culture and tourism.
“Baba is God sent, he is the messiah of our time, he has come to liberate the black race the neglect of culture and tradition which is responsible for economic suffering. His passion to make life abundantly enjoyable for us in Ife Kingdom and Yorubaland is unrivaled”. High Chief Lowa Ate stated.
As a key promoter of AJE festival, Chief Mrs Toyin Kolade, the Iyalaje of Apapa, in Lagos and very close ally of Ooni Ogunwusi expressed satisfaction at the success of 2017 AJE festival which she said is a catalyst for the economic and commercial greater things to happen in Yorubaland and Nigeria as a whole. The erudite international biz woman added that “To live long in good health, you need to pay for something.
The importance of Aje is beyond a mere celebration, it is a collection of all form of trading to build the economy of the nation. It is a uniting factor to wealth and an element that no one dislikes”. Toyin Kolade added.
AJE fondly called “Oguguluso Onisooboji” formed Oja Ejigbomekun as the first market in the world with the joint efforts of Oranfe Onile ina and Obatala owuro kutukutu.
OJA IFE(Ejigbomekun) became the birthplace for profit, wealth, business, trade, advancement and economic development. Eledumare(God) gave AJE, mother of 2 children ERE(profit) and ESU ERE(anxiety of profit) some cowries from Olokun’s pot as the first currency to trade at the market.
The immigrants later to these cowries as symbol of AJE to invoke her spirit and establish her model of trade and commerce in various markets around the world.
The descendants of Oranfe Onile ina still till today gather at the spot of AJE’s shop within Ejigbomekun market where she served as Iyaloja.
AJE is a deity associated with festivities like Olojo festival. Mankind still works for to earn a living and we toil lifetime for her in OJA IFE in Ile-Ife and globally as her spirit still answers the call of those who seek her sincerely.
Comrade Moses Olafare,
Director, Media and Public Affairs,
Matthew Chapter 16 Vs 13-20
Peter’s Confession About Jesus
13h When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi* he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”14i They replied, “Some say John the Baptist,* others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”15He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”16* j Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”17Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood* has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.18k And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church,* and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.19l I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.* Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”20* m Then he strictly ordered his disciples to tell no one that he was the Messiah.
As shared by Chizoba….
‘Chevrolet Car just caught fire opposite Central Bank Awka by 6:12pm today. Thanks for the quick intervention of Anambra State Fire Service who arrived the scene 5 minutes after receiving a distress call.
Thanks to all who sacrificed over 10 fire extinguishers to quench the fire pending the arrival of firemen.
To my greatest surprise men of the Federal Road Safety Corps arrived the scene without having a fire extinguisher in their vehicle. Tomorrow they will look for defaulters’
To whom deserves the Honour, let him have it!
This day 21st february 2017, God’s Choice Servant Apostle Johnson Suleman was conferred with a Medal and a Certificate as the Patron to the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), Edo State Chapter.
The Patronship office to the organisation is in honour to his selfless services and love for the Youths all over the world especially those within his immediate environment in Edo State – Nigeria.
A crafted gift in form of a bronze was also presented to the man of God for bringing Pride and Honour to the Body of Christ and the Edo State community worldwide.
The National Youth Council of Nigeria is registered and licenced under the necessary laws of Nigeria as the umbrella body of all youths/youth organs in the country.
According to SpectaScope Nigeria,Southern Kaduna children now use toy guns to scare Fulani herdsmen away since security agent can’t help them.Below is what SpectaScope shared…..
‘Since its obvious Nigerian Security agents can’t protect them from attack, Southern Kaduna children now use toy guns to scare Fulani herdsmen away from their community’
Edo State Government recently contracted aircraft to conduct an aerial survey of Benin City.It was inspected by members of Edo State Committee on the Implementation of GIS at Benin Airport .
At the end of this first phase, Edo will for the first time possess digital cadastres of Benin leading to the issuance of electronic Certificates of Occupancy. The entire exercise will generate not less than a thousand new jobs and optimise values for landed property in the State.
Sports Minister Solomon Dalung has come to the aid of a girl whose parents could not afford to her fees.Below is what Solomon Dalung’s Foundation shared…..
‘I met little Kate Adamu about two weeks ago crying alone on a highway and helplessly trekking her way home, I alighted and asked what’s the matter with her, tearfully, Kate lamented her ordeals ranging from family travails to a misfortunes to befell her Dad, the little Kate hailed from Tangoron Village of Plateau State, a JSS one student of GSS Gwom of Riyom LG. We passionately spoke and I inquire after her parents which I reached out to same day, I dropped my contacts with her and while on my way to Jos earlier today, the humanness part of me told me to check on her which I did. In tears again, little Kate told me how her school fees hasn’t been paid, in my little way I demanded for her bills for the entire year and got it paid.
The story of little Kate Adamu represents the story of many little children out there, we can all be compassionate, we can all be kind to one another in our little ways, we can do so little kindness and be amazed how the world will be.
So I ask, what if we can all show some little kindness to even just but one person out there?’
According to Morris who shared the story,his friend who is a car dealer was allegedly maltreated by a Nigerian soldier in Umuahia for having a problem with a man who brought car to him to sell for him.He wrote….
‘See what Nigerian soldier did to one of my friends in umuahia Abia state. This guy is a guy dealer. A man brought him a car to sale, this guy repaired the car with his money, sampled the car for buyers to come but could not sale it, after weeks he kindly returned the car to the owner ,the owner accused him of messing up the car when there is nothing like that.this man brought 4 Nigeria soldiers to turn this guy to a half dead man.Is Nigeria soldiers made to protect or kill? What a shame.share this let the whole World see it. Federal Government should call military to order’
MTN MOBILE ELECTRICITY POWERED BY LUMOS
You can now enjoy accessible, noise-free and fume-free electricity for your everyday use and conveniently pay with your airtime from your MTN mobile phone. You can now live life to the fullest and enjoy 24/7 solar electricity that is safe, reliable and affordable. This mobile electricity can light up your room, charge your cellphones and power appliances like Fans, Televisions, and computers all day every day.
With the Mobile electricity you can:
Enjoy Appliances You Already Have
With the new DC to AC converter, you can power AC appliances (up to 60W) you already have such as TVs, fans and laptops.
MTN Mobile electricity saves you lots of Naira on your monthly electricity bills! Choose a suitable plan from the plan options and make small convenient payments from your MTN mobile phone.
Note- Prices are subject to change
To sign up visit any local MTN store with your MTN SIM card registered in your name, a valid ID card and the names/details of two guarantors.
INSTALL easily by using our professional and authorized installers near your location.
PAY easily and safely via your MTN mobile phone
What’s in the Mobile electricity device Kit?
Large 80W solar panel unit and cables
Solar indoor unit
USB mobile phone charger
2 powerful led bulbs
DC to AC converter
How To Activate Your Mobile electricity System
Check that your MTN account (registered to Lumos service) has enough credit; You should always credit your Lumos system for 30 days a month. Please note: this service is similar to a “hire-purchase*” deal. A minimum of 20 days must be paid every month, whether you use the system or not.Choose a plan from the options.SMS your chosen plan to 317. (E.g.) for a 30 day plan, SMS “30” to 317.Get confirmation SMS & start enjoying 24/7 electricity!
Also, to keep you always in the light, we now offer Top-up, Auto renewal and daily fallback as options on all plans. To exit send Exit to 317 Choosing longer plans gives you the optimal value for your money!
Hon. Minister of Power, Works & Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola,SAN,Hon. Minister of Communications, Mr Adebayo Shittu,Chairman, Senate Committee on Power, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe,Chairman, MTN Nigeria, Dr Paschal Dozie and United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington graced the event held at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja
Fayose was a guest on AIT where he spoke of Ali Modu Sheriff’s claim that PDP governors are with him and more.In part he said…..
“Ali Modu Sheriff said the Governors are with him, let him call us to a meeting maybe he will see anyone.
“God forbid, to sit with Alimodu Sheriff again in my life.
“One day I know that I will be the Vice President of Nigeria or possibly President Federal Republic of Nigeria”.
18-yr old Nigerian youth international Kelechi Nwakali was honoured to meet the Prince of Maastricht in Netherlands.
The 18-year-old midfielder who led the Nigeria U17 team to a record fifth Fifa U17 World Cup title in Chile 2015 enjoyed his day with the royal dignitary after their 3-0 win over FC Oss on Monday.
Nwakali who has featured for De Geusselt outfit 16 times since joining them on loan from Arsenal in August, made impact in Ron Elsen’s side win before being cautioned in the 83rd minute.
The promising forward was sent on loan to Dutch outfit De Geusselt in mid-September, shortly after signing for Arsenal, and he has been tearing it up in the Eerste Divisie.It appears that Arsene Wenger has got a rare gem in him